ENERCALC SEL provides structural engineers with a single, consistent, easy-to-use source for the common design and analysis tasks common to all buildings.
From composite beams to retaining walls, your business will be more productive than you thought possible!
We believe that the simple calculations for elements of a building are the most common, repetitive and tedious calculations an engineer performs. This is evident in the multitude of spreadsheets most engineers have developed for their most routine calculations.
Imagine flying into a city
What you see is hundreds of square miles of small, low rise buildings, each needing a remodel or will be used as the site of a future new building.
Do high rise buildings dominate the landscape? No, only in the small circled area.
What you will see is that 99% of the land area is filled with low rise buildings needing simple, yet critically important, structural calculations.
This is the work ENERCALC excels at.
A consistent tool for the bulk of your work
You DO NOT need that very impressive fully-integrated multi-level building design system for 99% of building design analysis.
What you need is a tool specifically designed to handle the detailed tasks of designing the small elements of these buildings: ENERCALC.
Simply call up one of the dozens of ENERCALC modules and you can effortlessly enter your design data and watch as the calculations unfold before you in real-time.
With that clarified, what do we provide that will help you?
Our central concept is that of a fill-in-the-blanks “calcpad” style form. ENERCALC SEL gives you the best of 40+ years of experience. Simply call up one of the dozens of modules and you can effortlessly enter your design data and watch as the calculations unfold before you. This interactive system is the best of both spreadsheet and programmed user interfaces. Please download the Evaluation Version for a complete usage experience.
Here are some highlights that set us apart
- Project Calculation Manager oversees the construction of your set of calculations
- The system uses the latest governing codes – including IBC 2021, CBC 2019, ASCE 7-16, ACI 318-14, ACI 530-13, TMS 402-16, AISC 360-16, and NDS 2018.
- Complete on-line Windows help system documents the entire system
- Built-In databases for steel and wood members AND timber stress databases (for manufactured & sawn lumber).
- Extensive graphics for both design sketches and stress diagrams
- System behavior is naturally efficient at performing sensitivity analysis and exploring “what if” design options.
- Superb printouts with user-specified title block & logo, attractive font choices, and well organized details.
- The integrated Project Load Combination manager integrated with all calculation modules that use load combinations, making your work easy.
- Results are easy to interpret thanks to extensive 2D and 3D sketches, stress diagrams and column interaction diagrams.
- 41 year company history (since 1982) with thousands of users worldwide, including building review departments!
- Automatic software update system using your Internet connection
- Subscriptions assure you of continually receiving the latest software with automated updates
- Best of all, access to technical support provided by experienced structural engineers.
Already used in thousands of offices nationwide, each purchase is backed by our money back guarantee. This shows just how confident we are that ENERCALC SEL will be one of your most cost effective investments.
ENERCALC provides databases of all typical rolled steel sections, sawn wood and engineered lumber sections, material grades for steel and wood and small databases for concrete block and rebar.
ENERCALC software provides well designed calculation reports for all of its modules.
The goal of our reports is to provide clarity and efficiency.
This benefits the reviewing engineer and governmental plan check reviewer by providing well laid out, concise and thorough report that details the structural design.
We feel that the best way to evaluate our software is to actually use it.
Allowing a prospective user to test ENERCALC and learn about the capabilities of all the modules is essential……and when you discover just how much it can do you will be excited…very excited.