FLEXIBLE DEPLOYMENT AND LICENSING OPTIONS
ENERCALC offers 2 deployment options for ENERCALC SEL subscribers: Installed on your computer and cloud-based usage.
- Cloud-based Usage: No license management / activation is required when using our software in the cloud.
- Installed on your computer(s): When our software is installed on your computer(s), license management is handled by our Internet-based license server.
The best part? – You don’t have to choose.
ENERCALC’s subscription licensing allows you to use both cloud and installed software as is convenient for you. At home on your powerful desktop computer? Use the installed version. Mobile, in client meetings, working away from your office network or from home? Use the cloud or installed, as it suits you.
How does License Management (“Internet Activation”) work?
Internet Activation / License Management – Internet Activation (license management) allows you to share your maximum seat count easily between computers. The software can be installed on any computer and “Internet Activation” takes only seconds.
- Once activated on your computer, there is no need to “reactivate” every time you use it. We have users who have not changed their activations in years.
- It can be automatic for total flexibility, allowing any user to simply launch and end their session without knowing an activation is taking place. Our system is the ideal answer to flexible license management… leaving dongles / USB keys as a relic of the past. Only a simple Internet connection is needed (HTTPS).
Installation & Activation instructions
- No USB keys or dongles We don’t use machine specific licensing or inconvenient hardware devices like “dongles” or USB keys.
- Flexible as you need to be Do you have remote workers, multiple office locations, engineers outside the US, etc? Our internet-based license manager (“activation”) easily handles those situations without the need for separate licenses for each location.
ACADEMIA & GOVERNMENT REVIEW AGENCIES
Academic Licenses are available upon application by university professors. There is no limit to the number of students allowed to use the software. The software has a fixed expiration date.
Plan Check Licenses are available to governmental review agencies for use in verifying ENERCALC calculations which our clients submit. There is no limit to the number of computers allowed to use the software, and the license expires one year after it is granted. A one-time technical support session is offered for installation assistance. Ongoing support is available for a fee.