Structural Engineering Calculation Software
Wood Column Analysis & Design
- Analyzes and designs individual wood columns
- Permits slenderness to be defined in a variety of ways
- Allows various top and bottom support conditions
- Includes full wood stress database with sawn lumber sections, glulam members and a growing number of proprietary manufactured wood products
- Considers combined axial load and biaxial bending
- Axial loads may be specified with or without eccentricity
- Lateral loads can be point loads, concentrated moments, full-length uniform loads, and partial-length uniform loads creating bending about either axis
- Incorporates either ASD or LRFD design methodology
- Offers the convenience of fill-in-the-blanks style forms and instantaneous recalculation to facilitate the evaluation of “what-if” scenarios
- Provides highly efficient results summaries as well as generous detail in the on-screen and printed results
- Provides sketch graphics to verify dimensions and load placement – including rich, 3D graphics that support zoom, pan, and many customizable view options.
Working view of the Wood Column module
Consistent with all ENERCALC modules, inputs are on the left, while graphics and numerical results are displayed on the right.