Structural Engineering Calculation Software
Wood Beam Analysis & Design
- Analyzes and designs individual sawn lumber, glulam, and manufactured wood beams
- Permits multi-span continuous beams
- Permits cantilevers to be modeled at one end or both ends
- Allows fixed or pinned support conditions
- Includes sawn lumber and glulam databases, and a growing list of databases for manufactured wood products
- Incorporates point loads, concentrated moments, full-length uniform loads, partial-length uniform loads, and trapezoidal loads
- Includes option to perform automatic unbalanced live load placement (skip-loading)
- Incorporates either ASD or LRFD design methodology
- Considers user-specified allowable total and live load deflection ratios
- Provides highly efficient results summaries as well as generous detail in the on-screen and printed results
- Provides sketch graphics to verify dimensions and load placement – including rich, 3D graphics that support zoom, pan, and many customizable view options.
- Provides shear, moment and deflection diagrams for all load cases
Working view of the Wood Beam module
Consistent with all ENERCALC modules, inputs are on the left, while graphics and numerical results are displayed on the right.