Structural Engineering Calculation Software
Steel Beam with Torsional Loads
- Analyzes and designs individual non-composite steel beams
- Allows fixed or pinned support conditions
- Includes full rolled steel section database
- Incorporates point loads, full-length uniform loads, partial-length uniform loads, and trapezoidal loads at a specified eccentricity
- Incorporates concentrated moments causing bending or torsion
- Incorporates either ASD or LRFD design methodology
- Considers user-specified allowable ratios for total load deflection and live load deflection
- Offers the convenience of fill-in-the-blanks style forms and instantaneous recalculation to facilitate the evaluation of “what-if” scenario
- Provides highly efficient results summaries as well as generous detail in the on-screen and printed results
- Provides sketch graphics to verify dimensions and load placement – including rich, 3D graphics that support zoom, pan, and many customizable view options. Example 3D image shown below.
- Provides shear, moment and deflection diagrams for all load cases
Working view of the Steel Beam with Torsional Loads module
Consistent with all ENERCALC modules, inputs are on the left, while graphics and numerical results are displayed on the right.