Structural Engineering Calculation Software
Gravity Retaining Wall Analysis & Design
- Quickly and easily analyzes and designs nearly any gravity retaining wall of any material.
- Loading conditions include surcharges, adjacent footings, wind, seismic (due to earth pressure and/or self-weight).
- Results summary for overstress warnings.
- Design for wind on projecting portion of stem.
- Input active/passive pressures using Equivalent Fluid Pressure method, or select Coulomb method and enter angle of internal friction, and RetainPro automatically calculates active and passive pressures.
- Many designer-decision options, such as use of vertical component of active pressure for overturning or sliding or soil pressure reduction, use of cohesion instead of friction to resist sliding, and others.
- Automatic sizing of footings with no restriction on offsets either side.
- Graphics displays construction drawing of your design and loading diagram to check your input/output.
- Add a shear key anywhere under footing and design the reinforcing.
Working view of the Gravity Retaining Wall module
Consistent with all ENERCALC modules, inputs are on the left, while graphics and numerical results are displayed on the right.