Structural Engineering Calculation Software
ENERCALC 3D FEM
ENERCALC 3D is a powerful structural design / finite element analysis software tool designed for structural engineers of all skill levels. The software is designed for accuracy and simplicity, allowing engineers to get the job done without being overwhelmed by useless features.
The program includes the following frame and finite elements:
- 2D and 3D beam and truss element (also called member). The element can be linear, tension-only or compression-only.
- 3D four-node shell element, with thick (MITC4) plate and thin (Kirchhoff) plate bending and plane membrane stress (compatible and incompatible) formulations.
- 3D eight-node solid element (brick) with compatible and incompatible formulations.
- Linear and nonlinear nodal, line, and surface spring elements.
- Rigid diaphragm capability.
- Static linear analysis.
- Geometric nonlinear (P-Delta) analysis.
- Standard 64-bit floating point (double precision) and extremely accurate 128-bit floating point (quad precision) skyline solvers.
- Lightning fast sparse solver based on Intel PARDISO solver.
- Nodal, point, line, and surface forces; point moments; self-weight.
- Enforced displacements on supports.
- Member moment releases.
- Concrete beam, column and slab/wall designs according to ACI 318-02/05/08/11/14.
- Steel beam and column design according to AISC 15th Edition LRFD.
The program provides the following main user interface features:
- Multiple views with different display settings.
- Graphically drawing nodes, members and finite elements, area loads and rigid diaphragms via mouse-click.
- Versatile spreadsheets for input data and results.
- Powerful automatic model generations for continuous beams; 2D and 3D frames; 2D and 3D shells; arc beams and non-prismatic beams.
- Quality 3D graphical rendering with hidden line or surface removal based on OpenGL®.
- Loading diagram; moment and shear diagram for members; contours for shells and solids; deflection diagram.
- Flexible editing features such as undo/redo, duplicate, move, scale, delete, revolve, extrude, splitting members, sub-mesh shells, node and element merging.
- Real time panning, zooming and rotating.
- Many different selection methods such as point/window/cross select, select by IDs, select by properties, with options to freeze or thaw parts of a model.
- Flexible annotations for input and results.
- Text and graphical reports in html format. Graphical report may contain multiple images. Text report may be saved in plain text format.
- Print previews for graphical and text reports.
Working view of the ENERCALC 3D FEM module
Consistent with all ENERCALC modules, inputs are on the left, while graphics and numerical results are displayed on the right.