Structural Engineering Calculation Software
Tapered Stem Retaining Wall Analysis & Design
- Quickly and easily analyzes and designs nearly any concrete retaining wall with a tapered stem.
- Loading conditions include axial, surcharges, adjacent footings, wind, seismic (due to earth pressure and/or self-weight).
- Results summary for overstress warnings.
- User-configurable load factors.
- Allows water table condition, including footing buoyancy.
- Design for wind on projecting portion of stem.
- Input active/passive pressures using Equivalent Fluid Pressure method, or select Coulomb method and enter angle of internal friction, and RetainPro automatically calculates active and passive pressures.
- Many designer options, such as use of vertical component of active pressure for overturning or sliding or soil pressure reduction, use of cohesion instead of friction to resist sliding, and others.
- Computes rebar lap and development lengths in stem, including required hooked embedment into footing.
- Automatic sizing of footings with no restriction on offsets either side.
- Graphics displays construction drawing of your design and loading diagram to check your input/output.
- Add a shear key anywhere under footing and design the reinforcing.
Working view of the Tapered Stem Retaining Wall module
Consistent with all ENERCALC modules, inputs are on the left, while graphics and numerical results are displayed on the right.